You can listen to the podcast here.
- Welcome— chat about tidbits going on and brief overview of show.
- Fourth of July—
IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.–Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.. (1)
- Dystopia moment…speaking of George Orwell….
- This talking a little reminiscent of George Orwell’s book 1984 where Big brother controls all and redistributes as it sees fit
If you haven’t read this book I highly recommend you do so, I think it is amazing how a man could write a book in 1948 depicting things like we see today. Things some would like to see come to pass. The irony of things is that it seems that some of the things touted today as being needed measures seem to be taken from these books and others, dating from a similar time period for example by the same author “Animal Farm” a scenario where some animals are more equal than others.
But I think what disturbs me most is that some examples seem to be being taken from NOT the most famous of leaders but the most infamous instead.
We now live in a country where it is illegal to catch rain water and live off the grid in some states. Where family farms are sued by monstrous companies because bees pollinate their crops with genetically modified pollen and now make the crops modified and subject to a patent? Where raw milk is illegal and chickens in the city are a nuisance but noisy cars and trains is progress.
A classic TV show is refused to be run because of the flag on the car that represented the south in the civil war. Who the heck ever said it promoted slavery is out of their doggone gourd!!! I like an article that can be found here. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/confederate-flag-meaning.html because while it tells the truth it does so without the bias other places tell it
It was simply the flag of the southern confederacy and when the states succeeded they created their own flag, nothing more. It is still in use in other countries around the world.
With all the silly symbolism it is funny to note that the symbolism used by the gay community is the rainbow, so now a cake baker was just sued for refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding based on the religious freedoms they felt they were guaranteed under the constitution. *
- Readers corner —– Book Reccomendations. One of my first prepper fiction…Alas Babylon by Pat Frank
- Events… Prepper podcast Author Showcase at the Denver Self reliance expo…
- Product of the week—- ceramic water filter… ceramic can be found at
- Noteworthy —-5 gallon bucket water filter…
- But making one all your own now here is a topic
clean water is widely recognized as one of the top survival priorities, with most survival instructors saying that you need at least a gallon per person per day for drinking and cooking.
The most common means of purifying water is by using a filter but there are other options like:
– boiling the water – it’s hard to purify enough water to meet a family or group’s survival needs and you would still have to filter the particles;
– chemical purification (such as using chlorine) – requires that you have enough of a stock of chlorine to last through the crisis.
And so it seems the bio-filter is your best option in a crisis. Bio-filters can easily be made out of readily available materials. They essentially duplicate the same process that a water treatment plant uses to purify water, but on a much smaller scale. This multi-stage process removes dissolved and suspended solids, as well as almost all waterborne pathogens.
The pathogens are the important part of water filtration. These pathogens are bacteria and protozoa which can infect our digestive systems, causing diarrhea and dehydration. Left long enough, they can cause death by dehydration. More than anything, they are the ingredient hiding in most fresh water sources, which can make us ill. So, that has to be our focus.
How a Bio-Filter Works
A bio-filter is a three stage filter, allowing each stage to provide a finer level of filtration.
- The first level consists of gravel and is there to remove larger solids, such as leaves, twigs, bugs and even pieces of feces that might be in the water.
- The second layer is sand, which will remove floating and dissolved particles of solids as the water passes through it.
- At this point, all that is left to be a problem is the microscopic pathogens, which are reduced by over 99 percent by the final layer, that of activated charcoal.
Activated charcoal is an amazing material. It is charcoal or carbon, in which the pores have been opened, expanding the surface area. The surface area of activated charcoal is a minimum of 500 square meters per gram and can be three times that much. That’s what makes it so effective. The large surface area traps the pathogens, preventing them from passing through.
- Blog of the week besides my own that is severely lacking..here is a post that I found and thought it was particularly engaging. http://www.disasterrecoverymanager.com/ten-mistakes-made-preppers/
- Read from it giving highlights
- Contests and giveaways—- Beginning next Monday on our new show Ramblings of a redneck farmer a